Jun 28, 2009
TeraCopy is a compact program designed to copy and move files at the maximum possible speed, providing the user a lot of features:
- Copy files faster. TeraCopy uses dynamically adjusted buffers to reduce seek times. Asynchronous copy speeds up file transfer between two physical hard drives.
- Pause and resume file transfers. Pause copy process at any time to free up system resources and continue with a single click.
- Error recovery. In case of copy error, TeraCopy will try several times and in the worse case just skips the file, not terminating the entire transfer.
- Interactive file list. TeraCopy shows failed file transfers and lets you fix the problem and recopy only problem files.
- Shell integration. TeraCopy can completely replace Explorer copy and move functions, allowing you work with files as usual.
Jun 25, 2009
1. Lower contrast and brightness
- Though LCD is a power-efficient device, but set too high on contrast and brightness can drastically shorten the usage hours.
2. Close programs that run in the background
- iTunes, Desktop Search, etc. All these add to the CPU load and cut down battery life. Close everything that isn’t crucial when you’re on battery.
3. Run off a hard drive rather than CD/DVD
- Do you know that CD/DVD drive actually consume more power than a hard drive? They spin, take power, even when they are not actively being used.
4. Exercise the Battery
- Do not leave a charged battery dormant for long periods of time. Once charged, you should use the battery at least once every two to three weeks. Also, do not let a Li-On battery completely discharge.
5. Keep operating temperature down
- Your laptop operates more efficiently when it’s cooler. Clean out your air vents with a cloth or keyboard cleaner.
6. Set up and optimize your power options
- Go to ‘Power Options’ in your windows control panel and set it up so that power usage is optimized (Select the ‘max battery’ for maximum effect).
7. Don’t multitask
- Do one thing at a time when you’re on battery. Rather than working on a spreadsheet, letting your email client run in the background and listening to your latest set of MP3’s, set your mind to one thing only. If you don’t you’ll only drain out your batteries before anything gets completed!
Jun 24, 2009
Picasa 3 is the rich photo management software from Google.Picasa photo viewer is a fast, lightweight app for viewing images on your desktop or through Windows Explorer.A quick double-click on any photo will give you a full-screen view and few options at your fingertips: you can add stars, zoom in and out with your mouse scroll wheel, rotate, or open photo in Picasa 3 for further edits. By any means this feature works much better than standard Windows Picture and Fax viewer.
Jun 23, 2009
This requires that Microsoft Office 2007 has been installed without the product key in the first place.Once Microsoft Office 2007 has been installed with no product key, proceed as follows:
3. Install it in your phone. Use it with your default “AIRTEL LIVE” settings.
4. Try Browsing any site
5. Check your Balance, If you not get charged then this tricks works.
(its working for me)
Just Send a message to Airtel as typing LOAN and send it to 121. Now Airtel will recharge you with Rs. 10 to make your Emergency calls. When you recharge your phone again Airtel will deduct Rs 11 from you ( Rs. 1 for Service Charge ).
update(5-9-09): unfortunately airtel has withdrawn this service.
The notice dispatched by the government to the services providers, calls for creating more awareness to users, like not having loud ringtones, not talking loudly about personal affairs in front of others and not taking pictures of people in public places.
Jun 16, 2009
One of the effective ways to protect your PC from autorun worms is by installing Autorun Protector. In addition, this software also comes with additional features like custom protected autorun.inf file, analysing/removing of autorun.inf & resolving drive opening issue.
Autorun Protector is two way protection standalone software that prevents your PC from infecting with autorun worms and also protecting your removable device from being infected from other sources. Hence, it decreases the spread of the worms.
Perhaps unsurprisingly, Wolfram Alpha excels when it is presented with queries pertaining to specific statistics, equations or quantifiable mathematic data. The response from web users has been mixed, with some praising Wolfram Alpha for its powerful search capabilities, and others left disappointed by the answers it has returned.
Adults-only images and video will be served from a separate domain, explicit.bing.net, so that content can easily be barred from Bing search results, according to Bing general manager Mike Nichols.
"This is invisible to the end customer, but allows for filtering of that content by domain which makes it much easier for customers at all levels to block this content," Nichols said in a message atop an official Bing website.
As per the company, Norton Online Backup, available in 21 languages, helps ensure that users' most valuable files and digital assets are always kept safe and easily accessible by storing them in the cloud. Uploaded files can be accessed anytime, anywhere through a simple website, and backups can be seamlessly controlled for up to five PCs through the same central account.
Jun 14, 2009
According to new TRAI regulation, bulk SMS providers have to restrict the "Sender ID" to 8 characters. Other three characters should be used to specify who is the service provider & where it’s originated from. Say for example: MYTODAY sends an SMS to you using bulk SMS provider located at KARNATAKA which uses Airtel. You will receive it as AX-MYTODAY. First character specifies which service provider the message is being originated & the second character specifies from which location it’s originated. Here is the table which has details of these SMS codes:
You can get it back:
Click Start then Run and type "gpedit.msc" without quotes.This opens the group policy editor. Then go to:
Local Computer Policy
then Computer Configuration
then Administrative Templates then Network then QOS Packet Scheduler and then to Limit Reservable Bandwidth.